a Small Place for Great Art
Did you know that two great Croatian artists turned the small town of Cavtat into an important creative hub on the national cultural scene? One was a distinctive painter with over a 1000 works to his name, the other a sculptor whose architectural masterpiece is an astonishing testimony of love and death.
Cavtat has an exceptionally long and interesting history. On this guided tour you will travel 2000 years back in time to when Cavtat was the Roman colony of Epidaurum. You will learn about its demise and why very few traces remain. You'll delve into stories of shipwrecks in front of Cavtat port and hear many more fascinating titbits about its history and present.
April 1 - October 31, 2023. Mondays and Thursdays
Meeting point and start time
In front of the Franciscan Monastery, next to the roundabout (Google Map), at 10 AM
1.5 - 2 hrs
How to book
or purchase advance tickets at local travel agencies and hotels.
- 25€ per person, entrance to the Račić Mausoleum included.
- Children up to 12 years old - free of charge.
- Receive a 20% discount on your second or third guided tour from the 3 Keys program.
- For groups of 5 or more, 20% discount on original tour price.
- Private tour 8 pax max: 100€.
- Private tour 9 - 20 pax: 150€.
- Private tour 21+ pax: 200€.
- For private tours, an additional fee of 3€ pp applies (entrance to the Račić Mausoleum).
- Tours are in English.
- Your place on this tour is only guaranteed when you book via the website/message or buy tickets at one of the sales points.
- Tours will take place regardless of light rain or windy weather. In case of extremely bad weather, the tour can be rearranged for another time.